Sunday, August 28, 2011

Mamma Mia!

Okay, so where do I begin?



It’s been 14 days (2 weeks!) since our butterball was born via C-section, at 37 weeks near-term, because of a bad biophysical score since his fetal tone was poor and all because he couldn’t move much in my tummy due to his size. Whew! (That was a pretty long intro!) Thus, at 6:49 p.m. on August 15th, Mikko Vincenzo was brought to life!



And what a big boy was he! I don’t think I could have given birth normally with a kid that big… considering that I’m the girl with "no balakang" whatsoever.

 

 

They say he looked like a 2-month-old boy and not a newborn baby! LOL! Guess you can blame it on the genes… he’s pretty big for a Filipino baby as most are 48-50 cm when born full-term. My lil man on the other hand was already 52 cm at near term, weighing 8 lbs 2 oz! Can you imagine if I had given birth on my due date???

He could barely open his eyes but he was forced to so they could check him out fully.



The lil dude had to be placed on O2 and IV (I know, it was heartbreaking to look at!) because he wasn’t fully mature having almost no creases on the soles of his foot and he was also tachypnic. :(



But praise the Lord, everything went fine and on the 3rd day, he was in my arms.



I’m going to make a separate entry all about breastfeeding because really, are u effing kidding me? How can something so simple hurt like hell???

For now, here are two of my favorite pix of our precious lil one that I was able to capture and hopefully he’ll be happy to see these when he’s all grown up. ;)

  

Next thing I’ll know he’ll be running around and driving me crazy. LOL! But I look forward to all that…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...