Wednesday, August 31, 2011

To breastfeed or not to breastfeed?

That is the question.



However in my case, I have no reason not to breastfeed. Thank God for the abundance of breastmilk. (Magamit jud diay ang boobs!) I learned that I can lose weight with breastfeeding as the act helps burn 500 - 1,500 calories per day. Not only that, but there is a lot of truth behind the famous line, "BREASTFEEDING IS STILL BEST OF BABIES UP TO 2 YEARS."

There are so many BENEFITS of breastfeeding that I’m afraid I’ll run out of space just by talking about them. Breastfeeding was meant for a purpose and I’m just happy that I’m able to take advantage of it.



But it’s not as easy as it looks. And OMFG, at first, I thought I was going to die. Man, it hurt so bad that I swear nothing has hurt me as much as breastfeeding for the first few times.



Ever get the feeling when your nipples are being pinched as in the movies? Not that I had mine pinched or what… but you get the idea coz my nipples even bled!!! Ack!  X_X  Mikko looked like a vampire sucking out bloody milk from me. Que horror!

But as always, the support of friends and family is awesome so I got lots of tips/tricks and great advice from everyone.



Caren even sent me some nursing pads as well as an Avent Nipple Guard to help me get started. So sweet of her. :)



Additionally, I purchased some nipple creams for soothing.



As of today, I’m pretty much used to breastfeeding that I look forward to Mikko’s incessant crying calling me to feed him! LOL… From experience, it’s really a nice bonding time for mom and baby. I feel like I do want to protect my child and give him all the best that I can.

Even though Mikko Vincenzo aka Sir Poop-A-Lot is starting to become a stinker (yup, he farts and poops a lot but that’s characteristic of a breastfed baby daw…either that or he got the trait from me. Tee hee!), I just adore and love my baby boy. He’s everything to me. And I’m gonna make sure he’s gonna grow up to be just like his dad — you know, a really good great guy just like my Noodle Boy.

And really, you just can’t deny the similarity.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...