Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Nesting 101

What is “nesting"? Accordingly, this is an uncontrollable urge to clean one’s house brought on by a desire to prepare a nest for the new baby, to tie up loose ends of old projects and to organize your world. Now, the question… does it or will it ever apply to me?


The answer may be evident in the series of hard-to-believe photos you can see following this sentence.





The whole troop got involved.



Ramen Girl ♥ Noodle Boy.




Our ugly, dirty, and fat feet.



Noodle Boy, the dweeb.




That’s +50 lbs of the normal me!







Okay, I admit when I was single, I was never the type who cleaned my room regularly (blame it on the people who do it for me!) and honestly, I only do spring cleaning (once a year?). Tee hee! I’m lazy like that. That’s why I’m lucky to have married the coolest guy ever — Noodle Boy. As OC as he is, I am so very happy that he cleans our room… and yes, regularly


Oh okay, I know what you’re thinking… I’m a good for nothing wife, huh? Well, let’s just say, cleaning is not my forte. I do very well on other “wife duties and responsibilities". Ask Noodle Boy if you don’t believe me. :)


Anyways, they say that the nesting instinct is a sign that labor is near. Okay, I had false labor last week and I really thought I was going to give birth already after finding out I was 1 cm dilated and my cervix starting to be effaced. Alas! The bloody show stopped and now we’re just waiting til my water breaks or if I get even more dilated (which I am not because a few days later, I’m still 1 cm dilated! WTF right?!).


We had to get a biophysical profile since I’m already 37 weeks and LO! AND BEHOLD! The Baby got a perfect 10/10 score!!!



But the baby is HUUUUUUGE! The ultrasound won’t even register it’s actual weight because it’s too big for a Filipino baby. And because Noodle Boy’s parents both have American blood, so it’s all about the genes. It even registered as 39 weeks and 1 day, instead of 37 weeks and 2 days. Yikes! Good luck to me delivering the baby normally. Let’s just hope and prayyyyyyy that I do because I really don’t want a C-section. :( There’s no indication for it anyway, but the doctor says I might get induced for about 4 hours on Monday, then we’ll go from there. The baby needs to come out or it will turn into a giant if I give birth at 40 weeks. Well, I was imagining more of (Biag ni) Lam-Ang. Maybe the kid will run like the wind as soon as it comes out. ^_^


In other news, my feet hurt so bad now. It’s OEDIPUS REX, literally.



"Swollen Feet", that’s what it is! Guess I really am ready to pop, huh?


Oooohhh, I can’t wait.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...